Thursday, August 7, 2014

Subconscious Cruelty (2000)

Disgust and contempt for the human condition expressed through graphic sex and gore. That is pretty much this film in a nutshell. It was directed by Karim Hussain (THE BEAUTIFUL BEAST, ASCENSION) which apart from his original aforementioned works also worked as cinematographer on ANTIVIRAL and HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN. You can spot him again in his segment “Vision Stains” from the movie THE THEATRE BIZARRE.
CRUELTY is divided into four segments. The first segment, “Ovarian Eyeball”, is the shortest. We see a hand holding a brain with flashing lights and later an eyeball is removed from the abdomen of a naked woman laying on a slab. In “Human Larvae” a delusional man kills his pregnant sister and the child inside her belly. He says he wants to ‘deface the process of creation’, whatever that means?! He spends his nights masturbating in his bedroom, dreaming about his sister’s naked body. He is afraid of her menstruation and has a nightmare about that. The woman chooses to give birth in her bedroom with no one else there but her psycho brother and his dirty nails. He holds the infant’s corpse to her face and proudly thinks (narration) he has committed the ultimate  mockery by killing during creation. Stupid, filthy fucker was what I was thinking!
“Rebirth” is also fucking retarded. Six naked people are writhing on the ground, playing with mud and blood that spurts out from a hole in the earth. Of course one dude sticks his wiener in there and fucks the gawd-damn ground, while we see his naked ass humping. Another woman GIVES A BLOWJOB TO A TWIG! I have to admit that watching her work that mouth was pretty hot. The final segment is titled “Right Brain/Martyrdom” and it’s about an office worker that beats the meat at home watching porn on television. He plays with his sticky hand and for no good reason flicks some jizz at the TV screen. He then has a nightmare where a hand is mutilating his cock and jacking him off. Abruptly as fuck we jump to a “Jesus figure”, a nude dude with a crown of thorns and three cannibal women eat his flesh and masturbate themselves with his entrails. They also sodomize him with a tree branch!
I don’t buy this pretentious crap one bit. I write poetry and this is a bad example of “poetry on screen“. A good example would be any Bergman film. Good imagery stimulates your imagination but this garbage insults the audience. That was why I gave this movie zero stars. It’s a waste of good nudity and gore. CRUELTY, joins the ranks of BEGOTTEN and ERASERHEAD and if you like that type of film you might like to give this a watch. Being a poet, I know that getting your work slammed is part of the trade and I dare say, any great poet is humble enough to loathe his own work. I don’t know if that makes sense to you guys. Anyway, my intention here is not to pass judgment on the filmmaker but write an honest fun review.

0 / 5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment